Open Forum > What's New

ScriptBasic 3.0 Open Items

(1/6) > >>

Support:
Here is a list of tasks for the 3.0 release. If you have some time to contribute to the ScriptBasic project, your efforts will count in a big way towards making ScriptBasic an industry standard scripting language.

[*]Finish mini-XML extension module
[*]Finish make build system
[*]Create ScriptBasic program to parse the C source and generate current HTML docs
[*]Finish math functions in the core interpreter that are now non-functioning stub C functions (Tom and Armando are looking into this.)
[*]Finish remote debugger preprocessor
[*]Create IDE/Debugger with new GUI extension module
[*]Create Windows install for binary only distribution
[*]Migrate new make build system to Linux and OS X
[*]Create distributions for all major platforms
[*]Add Rlib reporting engine as a ScriptBasic extension module. (John is working on this with a prototype done with GTK-Server as a POC)
[/list]

If any of the above items are within your skill level and you're able to help with the project, please respond with what task you would like to work on.

Support:
To get the ball rolling towards a 3.0 release, I'll take on the task of generating the HTML documentation from the C source files. This was done by a Perl script in the 2.1 version and will now be done with a ScriptBasic (scriba) script.

Don't be shy, select a task from the above list and help the ScriptBasic open source project along.

dons333:
I'm interested in Scriptbasic. I cut my teeth on BASIC back in the 80's. I would love to be able to help some, but I'm afriad my programming skills are remedial with regards to the help you require.

mesbas:
 ::) Don't give up yet!

I'd like to help out a little, if I can.

I was looking at the Reserved Word List and noticed a bunch of "Not Implemented" functions at the end.

Some look pretty simple. Most are pretty ambitious projects.

The CVI function, on the surface, looks pretty simple.
But a 2 byte return assumes either unsigned short with a range of 0 - 65535 or a signed short with a range of (-32768) - 32767.
Which one of those is correct?
Same for CVD, CVL and CVS.

The MKI function really has me stumped.  Does (2 byte) in the description refer to the argument or the answer?
I assume it means convert a signed or unsigned integer to a string of whatever length is required.

I'll look at the source to see if I understand the way existing things are handled.

Tom

Support:
Thanks Tom!

I have been wanting to get the stub functions going since 2006. That is so cool you're chipping away at the 3.0 task list. I will be happy to test and document (best if done in C source so I can auto generate) your contributions and get them included in the distribution.

I'll send Armando an  e-mail and see if he can comment on your questions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version